- This option recovers words of the title of the article, words of the abstract, name of substances, name of people as subject, and subject descriptors.
- Language of the search:
- for searches in words of the title and words of the abstract, uses preferentially the languages Portuguese, Spanish or English, since the majority of the articles LILACS are in an of these languages.
Example: colgajos quirúrgicos or skin flaps
- for searches in subject descriptors, name of substances, the search should be made in English.
Example: Surgical Flaps
- Uses truncation symbol $ in order to search words with same root.
Example: educ$ recovers educación, education, educação, educator etc.
- Does not key in Boolean operators (AND, OR or AND NOT) among the words.
- Select the option All words (AND) in order to relate the words (restricts the scope of the search), or the option Any word (OR) in order to add the words (expands the scope of the search).
- For searches in other fields or for specify the field of search click at Basic Form or Advanced Form